M. B. A.
Those three little letters mean the world to me right now. A little over two years ago, I decided I wanted to make sure I would always have the opportunity to advance my career, even in the slump of the economy. I took the GMAT (pretty sure it was the hardest test ever) and applied to one school. Baldwin-Wallace College. Two years later, here I am. I officially completed the program, as of last night, and now have my Masters in Business Administration, my career focus being Marketing. I’ve learned a lot about myself, how the “real world” works and how to be a better businesswoman. It was a lot of hard work, time and effort, all worth it in the end. Honestly, I’m not even sure what I’m going to do with all the extra time or energy. (Insert marathon training)
Moral of this post…..I’m glad I pushed myself to do this. If it ever crosses your mind to go for higher education, do it. No matter what program, what field, it will help you advance your career and even help you learn more about yourself. The warning: Exhaustion will appear, time will disappear and your social life may have to take a back seat. But worth it, and maybe give BW a look
I apologize for being a horrible blogger. I’ve tried to write posts multiple times, but this time I plan to finish it. This past month has been crazy, and here’s the best way to break it down.
- I started my new job and LOVE it. I get to go to California next month for work…yes!
- I’m one semester away from having my MBA!!
- I’m really excited for the fall because I have some amazing races coming up…..and I’ll actually stick to the race calendar this time
- I’ve moved into my new apartment, which is fantastic, and is only a few minutes from the city where I grew up so I’m back in familiar grounds
- I’ve finally found some great running tanks for summer (Target & Nike) I don’t like to run in shirts, so this is a first
- I’m really sad about Borders closing. I loved going there for hours, so I had to stock up on some running books before the doors are shut.
- I’m doing the WooMan Tour this fall, the 20 mile, in Wooster. Everyone should do this, make a weekend out of it, I know some great places to eat down there!
I’m hoping that I will pick things up again in the blogging area of my life. Things are slowing down a bit, but exciting things are right around the corner!